Are you a parent of a child at a participating UANN school?
Contact us if you would like to coordinate a visit from the UANN Registered Dietitian to come speak to your Parent Group. Either choose from our adult curricula or one of the following food demonstrations:
- Healthy snacks
- Healthy Celebrations
- Healthy (and fast) breakfasts
How to become involved in your school’s health:
- Join your child’s School Health Advisory Council (SHAC). What’s a SHAC? Click here to find out more.
- Read your school’s Local Wellness Policy. Not sure where to find it? Look online or call your school and ask for a copy.
- Bring healthy foods for celebrations like birthdays or Valentine’s Days. Click here for some ideas to make celebrations fun and healthy.
- Ask your school if they would do a healthy fundraiser this year.
- Volunteer to provide before school hours physical activity. Ask your school’s SHAC to provide support to host a walk club or another physical activity program.
- Walk with your child to school on National Walk to School Day on October 8th, every year.
- Start a garden at your school.
- Check out healthy recipes to pack for snacks and lunch at the Arizona Nutrition Network website.